Venture Capital Summer Associate (4 Positions Open) – Apply Here
Deadline Round 1: March 17th
Deadline Round 2: April 17th
Kapor Capital is an early stage venture capital firm based in Oakland that invests in seed stage information technology companies that aspire to generate economic value and positive social impact. Specifically, we look for companies that are addressing lack of access and opportunity for underserved communities, or are bringing about the disruptive democratization of a sector. Investment sectors include, but are not limited to healthcare, education, financial inclusion, employment, and justice. The firm has over 100 companies in its portfolio, including Twilio, EarnUp, Clever and Omada Health.
We are looking for a few great candidates to fill our 2017 Summer Associate class. The ideal candidate will be entering an MBA, MS, JD, PhD or a comparable graduate program the Fall of 2017 or, alternatively going into their second (or third year) of graduate studies. Candidates should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry and a passion for start-up technology companies. All Summer Associates (SAs) will gain exposure to key areas of venture capital including financial analysis, sector due diligence, deal execution, and portfolio support. The SAs will complete projects aligned with their interest, as well as the needs of Kapor Capital. The Summer Associates will also work closely with Kapor Capital staff, who will serve as mentors throughout the summer. Please note that this opportunity was created to expose individuals to careers in venture capital and is not expected lead to a full-time position at Kapor Capital.
- Review and analyze pitch decks and meet with entrepreneurs
- Deliver high quality analytical insights on various technologies and markets on a macro and micro level; provide input to investment team members
- Provide support for various market and technology research projects. Specific activities include but are not limited to: sector research; analysis on investment portfolio returns; and financial modeling
- Assist in deal execution under mentorship of investment team members. Responsibilities may include helping to draft Investment Memos and reviewing legal documentation
- Complete a Summer Capstone project related to candidate’s interest and firms need. Past projects have included:
- Helping portfolio companies create a welcoming culture for people from diverse backgrounds
- Researching what services other early stage VCs and technology incubators provide to entrepreneurs
- Sector landscape analysis and strategy recommendations
To apply for positions with our portfolio companies:
Kapor Capital Careers
Please, no calls, emails, messages, personal inquiries to members of the team, or requests for meetings. We seek to give all applicants a fair chance regardless of personal connection.